Attention 8th Grade Parents: MASA!!

Dear Parents,
Merry Christmas! I think I have made it pretty clear this is my favorite time of the year. You are familiar that I lived in Eastern Europe. So, I would like to share my Moldovan experience with the 8th grade in a masa. Masa is Romanian for table. Moldovans have two meanings for this word. 1. the literal meaning, table. 2. they use masa in saying a party where friends and family join together to have a meal and celebrate special times.

I would like to have a masa with the kids on the 18th. I thought this would be a great time to come together to discuss our Christmas book, talk about the true meaning of Christmas, and try to Skype with my host mom, Svetlana, in Moldova. I know she loves to talk with the 8th grade.

To have a masa I am asking each student to bring a little something that can be found on a typical Moldovan masa. They have each been assigned a food item. If you prefer not to participate, just let me know and I can come up with the difference.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!!

Miss Steinkamp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog