Parents,
 As of 8 o'clock tonight, my lessons for the first week of mandatory distance learning posted on Google Classroom. I have invited all of you to join the class on Google Classroom, but there seems to be some sort of problem for some parents. If you could, just go through your child to see the detailed weekly lessons.

For the 6th grade, we are going to be working on informative text and information. There are several standards they will be achieving in this mini-lesson. They are going to read some informative text, take a virtual tour and take notes, do a little research, then make an informative slide presentation. The presentation will also have a slide where they will cite their sources which will achieve their citation standard.

The 7th grade will continue reading "The Help". I shared an ELA digital distance learning slide with them that they can interactively write on that touches on a lot of literary terms and standards. They will also continue to do comprehension questions.

The 8th grade is going to be reviewing their four literary skills: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. They were writing a persuasive/argument informal mini essay, making a video discussing theme for me, and listening to a podcast. The podcast comes complete with a digital interactive slide presentation that they can write on which will constitute as a worksheet/assignment. Next week we will achieve the reading portion.

I really want to stress that I am here to help your student. I ask that students pace themselves as to not get overwhelmed, and it helps me. I am asking for patience from all parties as this is new territory for everyone.
 I pray that your family is safe and well. I miss your kids terribly, and I hope we will all be back in school in May.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog