What's New

Parents,
 ITBS will be held the week of the 11th due to the delay of the delivery of tests. If you plan on bringing snacks hold off for week. Thanks!

Here is what is happening...

6th Grade just got done with their writing process of their personal narratives. I am excited to read these. This class has grown tremendously in their writing skills! One more paper to go before the end of the year!
They will be out of their textbooks for the rest of they year. On Monday they will start reading The Outsiders and will have a reading packet with different activities and comprehension that they will go along with the book. After we finish that it will be time for their research paper! That is a slow process so the information can really sink in.

7th Grade is on their way in Shoeless Joe. I think it is a little slow right now but it will pick up in the next section we read. They also have a reading packet that goes a long with the novel. I am creating this packet so they are getting it piece by piece.

8th Grade is almost done with Lord of the Flies! We should wrap up on Monday or Tuesday and be ready to watch the movie. I have never read this book, but I am in love with it! I hope the kids are liking it too. Next Friday I plan on starting To Kill a Mockingbird. I AM SO EXCITED. This is my favorite book so the activities will be flying!

All these classes have had an "essay" due today for Dollars for Scholars. I will let you know the winners of the contest as soon as I know.

Happy April Fool's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog